The company was founded in 1925 by Juan Sarubbi Labanca, who opened a pork factory on Municipio Street (today Martín C. Martínez Street) and Gral. Pagola Street.
In 1948, Juan Sarubbi Rampoldi joined the company and among other things, he moved the factory to Hocquart 2171, significantly expanding the production capacity thanks to a 600 m2 Plant. During these years, the company operated as Sarubbi y Scalone S.A., staying within the family.
In 1960, JUAN SARUBBI LABANCA, founder of the company, passed away.
On September 1, 1969, ESTABLECIMIENTO JUAN SARUBBI S.A. was formed, which formally succeeded the previous company and continued to be run by Juan Sarubbi Rampoldi. A year later, in 1970, the company was totally renovated and its first own meat processing plant (former Frigorífico el Plata) was inaugurated. It was located in Cno. de las Tropas and La Boyada, Montevideo.
In 1976 and 1979, with the addition of Silvana Sarubbi and Christian Sarubbi respectively, the company started benefiting from the contributions of the family’s third generation. In 1977, the Hocquart Street plant doubled in size, adding 600 m2 of refrigeration units and production facilities.
In 1981, the meat processing plant was handed over to the State for the construction of the Access road to Montevideo, consequently making it necessary to acquire new premises for the company’s new meat processing plant, on Con. Cnel. Raíz Street 2764. After several years of planning and construction, the New Plant was inaugurated on May 16, 1984. Initially, the New Plant had 4,300 m2 built, plus 2,000 m2 of additional infrastructure and complementary construction.
Also, in 1984, the Pork Product Plant had significant growth once again, reaching a total area of 1,800 m2.
In 1993, the meat processing plant was expanded, adding 250 m2 of refrigeration units and new administrative areas. In addition, the entire plant was refurbished and began to operate as SIRSIL S.A., always under the direction of the SARUBBI family.
The first beef exports were accomplished in 1994. This activity continues to this day and continues to grow. The destinations for these exports include the United States, several countries in Latin America, Europe and Africa. Also, in 1994, the first export of sausages to Argentina was achieved.
After 60 years of work, on June 24, 2004, JUAN SARUBBI RAMPOLDI, key promoter of the company's growth, passed away.
From 2005 to 2008, the meat processing plant continued to grow, adding refrigeration units, deboning and modernizing itself through several expansion works. In 2007, with the addition of Juan Sarubbi, the family’s fourth generation began to work in the company.
The company’s project for a new Sausage Plant started being designed.
We inaugurated the most modern plant in the region, complying with first world quality standards and being the only Uruguayan factory authorized for exports. The official inauguration of the New Plant took place on October 26, 2016, with the presence of national and municipal authorities.